Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 08.02.2004, 15:45   #28
Peter Slager
Neuer Benutzer

Peter Slager hat die Renommee-Anzeige deaktiviert
So, finally I'm in... This is my reaction to this whole discussion (excuse me for writing in English, but it allows me to make myself clearer:

To me, as a Bløf-bandmember, it is very disappointing and even shocking to see that some fans (?) react so very hostile to Herbert's appearance at our show. He doesn't deserve that at all, being a true musician and a very nice person.
This is why the people who condemn him are wrong:
1. Of course he couldn't bring his band! It's a guest-appearance, you can't put on a 7-piece band for only 2 songs, we never would have asked him if playing with his own band was a condition
2. Announcement was practically impossible, because everything came up last minute. For example: Herbert's appearance on the 2nd show was decided only AFTER the 1st one. The same goes for the webcast: that deal was cut 1 day before the show.
3. Announcement was also principally impossible, because we (Bløf) wanted to keep it a secret for OUR fans, so we asked Herbert to keep it quiet, which he and his management did. On request!
4. A lot of money for a guest-appearance? Oh come on you idiot!!! You just don't know what you're talking about.

Now, I forgot what other numbskulled things I read, but I must say that I really regret posting my message. Apparently it's the same in Germany as it is over here in Holland: being a well-known band or artist seems to mean that you can never do anything right, and that people can say all kinds of very wicked things about you.
I feel I have to apologize to Herbert for starting this whole thing off. The fact is that we're just musicians, and we want to make good music with fellow musicians who we like, and give our audience a good time. Everything else is not very important to us.

Peter (bassplayer Bløf).

ps: Corbino is NOT Anton Corbijn
Peter Slager ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten