Thema: Gang of Four
Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 14.05.2021, 19:17   #7
Stück vom Himmel
5 vor ZWLF

Benutzerbild von Stück vom Himmel

Stück vom Himmel kann auf vieles stolz seinStück vom Himmel kann auf vieles stolz seinStück vom Himmel kann auf vieles stolz seinStück vom Himmel kann auf vieles stolz seinStück vom Himmel kann auf vieles stolz seinStück vom Himmel kann auf vieles stolz seinStück vom Himmel kann auf vieles stolz seinStück vom Himmel kann auf vieles stolz seinStück vom Himmel kann auf vieles stolz seinStück vom Himmel kann auf vieles stolz sein
AW: Gang of Four

Zitat:
Says Grönemeyer:
“How do you write about a friend who, in his stoic, warm way took such a firm place in your heart and then all of a sudden departed this life? Andy Gill cooked as well as he played guitar; he was as insistent on only drinking good wine as he was stubborn when it came to his sparse, no-frills production and to honing his dry humour.
His soul was punk-left and he maintained that clear youthful zest throughout. For all that, he was a gentle person and loyal to a fault. He was one of the most exceptional guitarists in the world, with his own unmistakable style. Nobody held a guitar the way he did. I recorded the song “Staubkorn/The Dying Rays” with him, and this song captures him, because alongside his hardcore rambunctiousness there were so many other sides to him, gentle and thoughtful as ever.
We chose to cover “I Love a Man in a Uniform” because in its song structure it is similar to my own approach to writing. At the same time, it appealed to me to see whether I could manage to translate Andy’s guitar-playing to the synthesiser and to demonstrate how perfectly and timelessly his arpeggios still work in an electronic idiom.
Andy’s echo can be felt at very many levels and it’s a great gift to be able to participate in this album and I’m sure it would bring great joy to his heart. He leaves a huge gap.”
Quelle: Hier
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Stück vom Himmel ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten